Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Almost 11 Weeks and Still Not Decided on an OB

I'm still fighting with myself as to whether or not I need a high risk OB.  I really like my current OB, but I'm not sure if I'm 100% comfortable continuing with him.  Everything I read and everyone I talk to who has had a septum resection or/and bicornuate uterus, visits a high-risk practice.  The Tri-State MFM group in Good Sam Hospital has been highly recommended to me.  I did a little research and found that they specialize in uterine anomalies and also surgical complications.  I'm wondering why I'm not seeing a practice that specializes in my condition(s).  My surgery can lead to an incompetent cervix and also uterine wall rupture, all of which this practice would be specialized to handle.  Plus they deliver and care out of a much better hospital, one in which I would feel much more comfortable.
When I called to make an appointment with my current OB, they couldn't get me in for 5 weeks.  Now before that I was seeing someone for bi-weekly ultrasounds, 5 weeks just seems too long to me and it makes me leery of the specialized care I would receive.  But another voice in me tells me to go to my current OB first and discuss the plan before jumping to conclusions.  What I think I'll end up doing those is making an appointment with the high-risk practice to see if my condition even warrants me a patient in their practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment