Thursday, January 5, 2012

32 Weeks!

This week I started my twice a week non-stress tests, so along with my once a week dr appointment I'm at the hospital 3 times a week.  It's a little much, but it's worth is to have the comfort that baby is okay.  I also had my 32 week ultrasound this week and the baby is measuring 4 pounds!  She is in the 40th percentile and growing perfectly.  Photos to come...
I did get a little bit of bad news this week.  Our little girl is in the breech position and will most likely stay this way because of my bicornuate uterus.  I was completely expecting this, so I wasn't entirely upset.  They are going to schedule a c-section around week 39 and if I go into labor prior to that, I'll have an emergency c-section.  So a little nerve wracking but not a huge deal.  I was then informed of the issues breech babies can have that I was never aware of.  Apparantely, because of how her head lies against the top of my uterus she will have a flatter shaped head and her forehead may appear larger.  Her head will mold into normal shape as all babies heads do, but this is how she'll look when she comes out.  So the larger issue is her legs will be used to being in the up position facing her shoulders, so apparantley this is how she'll like to lay.  I will have to swaddle her like this and work on massaging her legs to get them to lie normal.  Also we have to watch out for hip dysplesia that can also be a factor.  I was not aware that breech babies were at any higher risk, I assumed all babies were squished in the womb.  I'm hoping she was just telling me all this because they are worse case scenarios, but it's just another thing to worry about right now. 
The good news is baby girl is healthy and will most likely be arriving in about 6 weeks!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there

    Im a new reader of baby steps, firstly Congratulations!!!! As a sufferer of infertility i love reading blogs of Infertiles who are now expecting! Its a true testimony to just never give up hope.

    I would love to post your story on my blog if you are interested....

    Looking forward to reading your up and coming birth story.

    With lots of love

    www.ilovelucyxxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha - I tried to email you...please send me your email at bellesnky@yahoo.com

    Thanks! Michelle

    ReplyDelete