Thursday, September 8, 2011

First OB Appointment and 15 Weeks

Believe it or not, I am now 15 weeks, and this is the first time we actually met the OB, Dr. B,  that will most likely be delivering our baby.  The appointment went great and he really has put me at ease about a lot of my fears.  Unfortunately, there still are a lot of risks but he made me feel better that they will be closely monitoring and doing any bit of prevention possible.  The biggest risk is preterm labor, so they will be doing weekly cervical length measurement ultrasounds until 26 weeks.  So I will get to see my baby every week!  After that I will see the doctor every week to check the cervix.  At this point it looks like I will be getting to know the staff in the office pretty well, I'm going to be there a lot!  He also said most women deliver 32 weeks or after with a bicornuate uterus, so that made me feel a lot better also.  He was very informative and had a great personality also.  The other good news is I also was released off of pelvic rest for now and can work out lightly!  I feel like we made the right decision in the practice we chose and I know our baby is in the best hands possible.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! Congrats on your pregnancy!! Its nice to meet other IFs who are pregnant, we have so much more in common than fertile pregnant women!

    ReplyDelete