Monday, July 25, 2011

Infertility Guilt

As excited as I am about being pregnant, I still have this infertility guilt looming over me.  At times, I feel guilty for being excited and happy and think maybe I don't deserve this.  I also think why us?  Why did God choose to bless us and answer our prayers, when so many other couples are struggling with infertility everyday?  I've heard a lot of stories of infertility lately, and the pain is still there.  I tear up when I hear these stories.  I know how much pain they are experiencing and it bothers me.  I continuously pray for all those couple's prayers to be answered.  I know infertility is never going to be nonexistent.  I just hope that medical research continues to advance to help more couples have their hopes and dreams come true.  Infertility is an unspoken disease that needs more attention.  It's a disease that truly if you've never experienced first-hand, you never really can understand the physical, mental, and emotional pain that comes with it.  I hope someday I can give back and I will always support infertility awareness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment